Happy New year!
January is definitely the time of year for boosting your mental health and wellbeing. At the RAU we’ve been improving our support services, both offline and online. Some of our activities include:
- Revamps of a number of our Gateway (moodle) pages including the ones for Student support; Dyslexia and Disability support; Assertive technology and our Big Yellow Button FAQ service
- The library is hosting a physical collection of wellbeing books (considered in this post on their blog) and has also created an online resource list using our Talis Aspire service
- Establishing new internal generic email addresses for dyslexia and disability support (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Support and wellbeing (email@example.com).
- Ongoing work looking at the accessibility of our website and VLE in light of new accessibility regulations
- Continued work by our personal tutors and a personal tutor support area on our VLE with videos from tutors (internal only)
The support we provide to students is an area the RAU pride ourselves on. We will continue to improve our online services in this area.