Today we launched the call for our RAU eChamps.
eChamps are student digital champions. They will input into RAU IT decision making and help to develop digital skills among students and staff. We hope to initially recruit two eChamps who will be in post for the pilot phase – from after Easter to the end of the academic. All being well we will then renew the posts for next academic year.
The eChamps will be busy, working approximately 5 hours a week. While in post they will meet regularly (approximately once a month) to discuss IT and digital challenges at RAU and to consider issues that will be covered at the IT and digital strategy group. They will also work on a set of identified projects in collaboration with academic staff. These projects will be actual issues that require attention, so for example increasing awareness among staff and students of a new digital tool.
- Increasing uptake of myRAU
- Increasing use of RAU resource lists
- Improving Gateway
- Working on new tools such as the RAU eportfolio tool Mahara
- Running workshops on digital literacy areas: eSafety, digital etiquette, email etc.
- Experimenting with Office 365 tools
- Creating videos about student life
- Using the 360 camera to create an interactive tour of the university
- Creating learning content (videos, images, reports)
- Consideration of online assessment and feedback – what works, what doesn’t
- Coming up with ideas for IT or digital tools to support learning and teaching
- Promotion of online resources available at RAU
- Pedagogic research activity
Students are invited to apply for the eChamps roles using the form on the eChamps Gateway page (https://gateway.rau.ac.uk/echamps). There will then be a interview selection process.
Many thanks to Fiona Harvey for her help in scoping this programme based on her experience of running the iChamps at the University of Southampton.