At today’s Landex Learning Materials and Technology Committee we discussed the Land Based Learning Online site that the group has been developing over the past few years. I have mentioned the site before but the content has progressed and is now ready for use.
The site includes:
- Land Based Learning Online – A collection of online courses that students can register for complete in collaboration with Landex Colleges and Universities. Some complement face-to-face courses and students can be registered by their institution. Others allow self-enrollment.
- PDF library – 130 Landex PDF packs converted into online learning.
Landex have recently tweeted a video introducing the site.
A sub-committee of the Landex Learning Materials and Technology Committee has also been working on a blended learning module which will show tutors how to get the most out of online material.
The module will have 4 different units:
- Unit 1 – Engagement with materials
- Unit 2 – Develop confidence & skills in concept of blended learning
- Unit 3 – Demonstrate how to remove barriers to using materials effectively
- Unit 4 – Demonstrate different uses of materials
This work will allow us to take the courses from the Land Based Learning Online area and embed them in our own Moodle VLE and reuse as appropriate. Which will be very exciting for us at the RAU!