In order to understand current tech practices at RAU and identify where support is most needed we will be carrying out some lesson observations. I am interested in lessons:
- where teaching staff are experimenting with a technological tool e.g. a tool like Padlet, Kahoot, Socrative, Poll everywhere, Nearpod etc.
- where teaching staff are recording (audio or video) at some point
- in which teaching staff are using mobile phones to support learning
- in which students are carrying out online research
- where students are working in a collaborative way using digital tools
- in which teaching staff want to achieve certain tasks and believe that technology might help
- in which teaching staff feel the room set up (technology-wise) is preventing them from achieving your lesson goal
The intention is to eventually pull together a bank full of ideas that can be used by those who deliver teaching here at RAU. It will be based on existing best practice and requirements/needs.
If you’d like me to observe a lesson please invite me along indicating the time and location. I am happy to introduce myself to students at the start.
If you’d just like a chat about anything learning technology related then please do get in touch (email@example.com)